Friday, January 11, 2008

Spring Fever

One would think that after the New Year begins, and the holidays are over, things would slow down a bit, and they have a little bit, but I think we're all still reeling from the bustle of the Christmas season. We don't have any plans yet again this weekend, and I'm very thankful for that! Cody and I are both starting to get Spring fever. "Already?" you might ask. Well, yes. We even took our first trip of the year to the gardening center last weekend to buy some seeds and some bulbs. I think I'm going to plant the bulbs in pots, and get some started so I can have some spring a little early in the house. I was so excited to see that some of my house plants are blooming right now.

Feeding Liam solid foods is going pretty well still. It's really funny to see his reaction to each new food that he tastes. It's hard to imagine not ever having tasted anything but milk, and having to experience all of these new sensations for the first time. I've discovered that so far he really likes the baby cereal, and squash. Carrots are okay, but he hates bananas. I mean we're talking really hates. He gags every bite he takes, and I pretty much have to pry his mouth open to get him to take a bite. So I guess we'll try bananas again in a few weeks, after he has a more experienced palate. :)

Liam is now about 4 and a half months old, and so much fun! He's starting to reach for everything. He tries to grab the phone out of my hand while I'm talking on it, he has started reaching for his Daddy when he wants him to hold him, and he definitely reaches for all food and drink. No more being able to eat easily with him sitting on my lap!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, how cute! It is strange to think that this is first experience tasting...wow! I bet his growing by the day:).

MichiganMarshes said...

Hey Mindy. How is life? I tagged you on my Tisha's Tips blog. I'm excited to see your answers.